Defending a Corporate Designee in a Products Case Deposition: Similar Incidents, Remedial Measures, Legacy Decisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will offer product liability defense attorneys strategies and practical tips for defending the depositions of corporate designees. The panel will give special attention to critical topics such as prior similar accidents, subsequent remedial measures, and challenges that arise when the case revolves around decisions and actions occurring many years in the past.
- Law of 30(b)(6) depositions
- Permissible areas of inquiry
- Duties of the responding party
- Key areas of inquiry
The panel will review these and other pivotal questions:
- How can parties limit objections over the scope of the deposition?
- What are best strategies if the defense invokes FRE 407?
- If there is no evidence of prior, similar incidents, can plaintiffs inquire into how the defendant collects information about prior, similar incidents?
Christopher G. Campbell
Mr. Campbell is a partner in the firm’s Product Liability and Mass Tort practice. He has experience in all phases... | Read More
Mr. Campbell is a partner in the firm’s Product Liability and Mass Tort practice. He has experience in all phases of litigation, including first-chairing jury and bench trials in state and federal courts and arguing appeals. He is co-author of the book Expert Witnesses: Products Liability Cases (West 2009), an in-depth guide to expert witness development in all types of product liability and mass tort matters, including pharmaceutical, toxic torts, automotive, industrial accidents and children's and consumer products.Close
Ms. Marshall focuses her practice in the area of litigation.| Read More
Ms. Marshall focuses her practice in the area of litigation.Close