Defeating Event-Driven Securities Class Actions
Loser-Pay Provisions, Lessons From In re Trulia Inc. Stockholder Litigation, and Strategic Motions Practice
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the recent trend of event-driven securities lawsuits, analyze the impact of these cases, and provide practical guidance and strategic insights to counsel on ways to defeat these class action filings.
- Latest trends in event-driven securities class actions
- Class certification issues
- Types of claims and defenses
- Last resort settlement strategies
- Practical guidance and considerations
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest trends in securities class actions?
- What strategies are successful in defeating class certification?
- What are the insights and lessons from the reasoning in In re Trulia Inc. Stockholder Litigation (Del. Ch. 2016)?
- What are the most recent successful litigation strategies in event-driven claims?
Matthew A. Schwartz
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Mr. Schwartz’s wide-ranging practice comprises complex litigation, arbitration, and government investigations in... | Read More
Mr. Schwartz’s wide-ranging practice comprises complex litigation, arbitration, and government investigations in the areas of securities law, mergers and acquisitions, derivative suits, antitrust, bank regulation, contracts, estates, and general commercial litigation. He has represented some of the world’s leading corporations, financial institutions, and industry organizations, including Barclays, Cablevision, Giants Stadium, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Kinross Gold, Kohl’s, M&T Bank, The Clearing House, Popular, UBS and Volkswagen. Mr. Schwartz is a former clerk for Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. of the U.S. Supreme Court.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 06/07/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 06/07/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H