Data Protection in Cloud Computing Agreements: Allocating Risk, Interplay With Other Terms, Managing Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will explore the myriad issues associated with data protection provisions in cloud computing agreements. Business and technology counsel will hear from our expert panel as they discuss issue-spotting, key provisions for inclusion, and practical considerations for crafting data protection measures across different cloud applications.
- Data protection issues in cloud computing
- Service platforms
- Deployment platforms
- Key considerations in drafting
- Interplay with other provisions
- Interplay with other agreements
- Compliance concerns
- State/local law
- Federal/international law
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can data protection terms be crafted to afford broad compliance with privacy laws?
- How can counsel for users and service providers effectively balance the risks associated with access to data by third-party vendors?
- How can counsel use the cloud computing agreement’s data protection terms to inform and manage the user’s data retention policy?
David W. Tollen
Tech Contracts Academy
Mr. Tollen is an attorney and also the founder of Tech Contracts Academy, where he trains businesspeople and lawyers to... | Read More
Mr. Tollen is an attorney and also the founder of Tech Contracts Academy, where he trains businesspeople and lawyers to draft and negotiate IT contracts. He is the author of the American Bar Association’s bestseller, The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople (ABA Publishing 2015). Mr. Tollen practices law with Sycamore Legal, P.C. in San Francisco, representing buyers and sellers of information technology. And he serves as an expert witness in cases about IT contracts.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 06/01/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 06/01/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H