Cybersecurity in Healthcare: Leveraging Insurance, Recent Government Guidance, Mitigating Risk
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel on cybersecurity attacks in the healthcare industry. The panel will discuss the increasing number and severity of cybersecurity incidents and examine recent FBI and other governmental guidance. The panel will also discuss the role of insurance and offer best practices for mitigating risk, including what providers, vendors, and others should do to combat these attacks.
- Cybersecurity trends in the healthcare industry
- Recent guidance from the FBI and other agencies
- Insurance: understanding coverage, avoiding exclusions
- Best practices for mitigating risk
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What unique challenges arise for healthcare providers, payment processors, and other business associates with cyberattacks?
- What recommendations does the FBI provide?
- What challenges do healthcare entities face when working with third-party vendors?
- What steps should healthcare companies and their counsel take to minimize the risks of cyberattacks?
Micah J. Fincher
Mr. Fincher advises clients on intellectual property and technology matters, counseling in all aspects of litigation,... | Read More
Mr. Fincher advises clients on intellectual property and technology matters, counseling in all aspects of litigation, licensing, and compliance. Financial service providers and other companies rely on him for privacy and data security compliance. He helps brand owners maintain and protect international IP portfolios and he develops offensive and defensive IP strategies to protect clients’ innovation. Mr. Fincher has also led and supported clients through numerous cyber incident responses.Close
Sarah E. Swank
Ms. Swank provides strategic, regulatory and operational advice to health systems, hospitals and academic medical... | Read More
Ms. Swank provides strategic, regulatory and operational advice to health systems, hospitals and academic medical centers, as well as large national and regional physician organizations and telehealth and other startups. She has served as a former senior in-house counsel for two national health care systems. She counsels major academic medical centers, nationally recognized health systems and ACOs in launching and growing complex operational programs, such as national and international telehealth and digital health programs.Close