Cybersecurity and Supply Chain Issues After SolarWinds
Restrictions on International Contractors and Domestic Software
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with updates on the effect of the SolarWinds security breach on U.S. government contracting. The panel will address the cybersecurity policy reforms enacted in 2020 and the Cyberspace Solarium Commission's final recommendations to Congress. The panel will advise on the current requirements for federal contractors working to secure their supply chain's hardware, software, and services.
- SolarWinds breach
- New restrictions in Section 841 regarding sources for printed circuit boards
- Cyberspace Solarium Commission's Final Report on cyber policy reform
- Recent U.S. procurement rules and executive orders addressing domestic content requirements
- DoD requirements for assessments for compliance with NIST SP 800-171
- Status of the implementation of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
The panel will review these and other important topics:
- How the SolarWinds breach has impacted government agencies' cybersecurity and security audits
- What are the new requirements under Section 841 restricting DoD's acquisitions of printed circuit boards from China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran?
- What are the newest cyber policy reforms from the Cyberspace Solarium Commission's Final Report?
- What policy changes addressing domestic content requirements are being considered by Congress and the executive branch?
Tracye Winfrey Howard
Ms. Howard counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of government contracting... | Read More
Ms. Howard counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of government contracting issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, subcontract formation and performance issues, compliance with ethics and procurement integrity laws, and government investigations and audits.Close
Robert S. Metzger
Rogers Joseph O'Donnell
Mr. Metzger is regarded as among the nation’s leading experts in emerging issues related to cybersecurity and... | Read More
Mr. Metzger is regarded as among the nation’s leading experts in emerging issues related to cybersecurity and supply chain risk management. He advises leading U.S. and international companies on key public contract compliance challenges and in strategic business pursuits. Mr. Metzger’s litigation practice includes representation of companies before administrative agencies as well as civil matters in federal and state courts. His transactional practice includes international projects, joint ventures, direct and FMS sales to foreign governments.Close