Crowdfunding Real Estate: Reg A+ Offerings and Intrastate Exemptions
Leveraging New Capital Raising Opportunities for Real Estate Fund Sponsors and Developers
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss utilizing Reg A+ and intrastate law exemptions to raise capital for real estate development. The program will discuss current trends and developments, the mechanics of making a public offering under Reg A+, and potential pitfalls. The program will also discuss the evolution of state law securities exemptions and the benefits of utilizing state law exemptions.
- Crowdfunding trends in the real estate market
- Rise of e-REIT funds
- Regulation A+
- Tier I offerings of up to $20 million
- Tier III offerings of up to $50 million
- Disclosure requirements
- Ineligible issuers
- Eligible securities
- Investment limitations
- State law intrastate crowdfunding
- Overview of selected state law intrastate exemptions
- Benefits of utilizing intrastate exemptions
- Pitfalls of utilizing intrastate exemptions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What opportunities do Regulation A+ crowdfunding rules provide real estate developers seeking to raise equity, mezzanine financing and debt for commercial projects?
- What real estate offerings are not permitted under Regulation A+?
- What are the pros and cons for developers to crowdfund under state law intrastate exemptions?
Kenneth A. Kecskes
Mr. Kecskes’ practice focuses on real estate, land development and equity investment transactions. He counsels... | Read More
Mr. Kecskes’ practice focuses on real estate, land development and equity investment transactions. He counsels clients on acquisition, disposition, construction, entitlement, leasing, joint venture, entity formation and financing matters.Close
Anthony J. Zeoli
Freeborn & Peters
Mr. Zeoli’s commercial finance practice includes the representation of borrowers and lenders in: secured and... | Read More
Mr. Zeoli’s commercial finance practice includes the representation of borrowers and lenders in: secured and unsecured lending transactions; corporate reorganizations and restructuring; syndicated commercial financing transactions; and loan workouts. He is also an industry leader in the area of crowdfunding, in particular with respect to real estate crowdfunding, peer-to-peer (P2P) lending, and Regulation A+ offerings.Close