Crowdfunding for Startups and Emerging Companies: Regulatory Framework, Pros and Cons, Avoiding Pitfalls
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will explore crowdfunding as a way for businesses to raise capital without taking on new debt. The panel will discuss the various types of crowdfunding, the regulations applicable to each type of crowdfunding, and the benefits and risks related to crowdfunding from the perspective of both crowdfunding investors and issuers.
- Overview of crowdfunding
- Types of crowdfunding offerings
- Legal requirements and regulatory landscape
- Pros and cons of crowdfunding
- Determining how to structure a crowdfunding offering that meets your client's needs
- Potential legal challenges and pitfalls of crowdfunding
- Key takeaways and practical considerations
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the various types of crowdfunding and how do they compare to more traditional forms of capital raising?
- What are the pros and cons of crowdfunding?
- What is the regulatory landscape of crowdfunding and what factors should be considered when structuring a crowdfunding offering to fit a client's needs?
- What are the legal challenges and pitfalls that can arise with crowdfunding?
Mr. Dodson advises clients on matters related to securities, financing, real estate, opportunity zones, and M&A.... | Read More
Mr. Dodson advises clients on matters related to securities, financing, real estate, opportunity zones, and M&A. Prior to his law practice, Mr. Dodson was a former investment broker and advisor providing a level of knowledge and experience in investment sales, structures, and asset protection. Through leveraging his expertise in the industry along with the help from his long list of trusted connections, Mr. Dodson has represented over $2 billion in real estate and business funding transactions.Close
Richard Robinette, Esq.
Mr. Robinette brings his experience as both an attorney and real estate entrepreneur to the practice as a partner at... | Read More
Mr. Robinette brings his experience as both an attorney and real estate entrepreneur to the practice as a partner at Dodson Robinette PLLC. He advises clients on securities offerings, business entities, and real estate transactions with a mix of private equity, agency, and non-agency financing. He graduated cum laude from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. He served as an extern for Hon. George H. Wu, United States District Court, Central District of California in 2009 and 2010 and is currently a member of the Texas State Bar.Close