Creatively Completing the Capital Stack: Real Estate GP Private Equity Funds
Structuring Key Deal Terms Regarding Distribution, Sharing of Promote and Fee Income, Capital Contributions, Distributions, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the rise of real estate general partner (GP) private equity funds and key legal issues implicated by them. The program will analyze key deal terms of GP funds and provide insights and perspectives into opportunities and risks for both sponsors and investors.
- Market trends and the rise of the use of GP funds
- Pros and cons of using GP funds to provide some or all of the sponsor equity contributions for real estate investment vehicles
- Key deal terms
- Sponsor vs. outside investor perspectives
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are current developments impacting the use of real estate GP private equity funds and how have the terms of those arrangements evolved?
- What deal structures are typically used for real estate GP private equity fund investments?
- What issues most often derail real estate GP private equity funds and how can counsel for sponsors and outside investors overcome these negotiating hurdles?
John J. McDonald
Mr. McDonald counsels clients on a full range of corporate transactional matters, focusing on private equity and... | Read More
Mr. McDonald counsels clients on a full range of corporate transactional matters, focusing on private equity and strategic mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, venture capital and other financing transactions, and private equity fund formation. His private equity M&A practice entails representing private equity sponsors in leveraged acquisitions of portfolio companies, “bolt on” acquisitions and recapitalizations of portfolio companies, and subsequent divestitures of portfolio companies. He also has significant experience representing sellers in M&A transactions involving private equity buyers. His strategic M&A practice involves representing publicly-traded and privately-held buyers and sellers in M&A transactions across a broad range of industries, both domestic and cross-border.Close
Paul A. Steffens
Mr. Steffens practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private investment... | Read More
Mr. Steffens practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private investment funds and private securities offerings. He represents a broad range of clients from privately-held entrepreneurial companies and family offices, to publicly traded companies in a variety of different industries, including real estate, investment management, manufacturing, distribution, business services, information technology and renewable energy. Among other matters, Mr. Steffens has represented private equity funds as well as strategic buyers and sellers on both the buy-side and the sell-side in mergers and acquisitions.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video