COVID-19 and Employee Benefits: New Relief Act, Vendor Performance, HIPAA Issues, Paid Leave, 401(k) Considerations
Recent IRS Guidance, Compliance Issues, Legal and Regulatory Obligations, Responsibility to Employees and Communications
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employee benefits attorneys and advisers on critical issues and challenges of COVID-19 on employee health and welfare plans and administration. The panel will discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on employee benefits, the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the Act), vendor performance issues, HIPAA, and 401(k) considerations. The panel will also offer action plans to ensure legal and regulatory compliance for employers and plan administrators.
- Impact of the coronavirus on employee health and welfare benefits
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act and recent IRS guidance for high deductable health plans
- Critical steps for employers
- Plan amendments and privacy law requirements
- Vendor performance issues
- Paid leave
- 401(k) considerations
- Best practices to ensure legal and regulatory compliance
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on employee health and welfare benefits?
- What are the key takeaways of the recently enacted Families First Coronavirus Response Act?
- What guidance has been provided by the IRS concerning high deductable health plans and what are the tax implications?
- What steps must be taken by employers in light of recent government actions?
Rachel Leiser Levy
Groom Law Group
Ms. Levy is a principal in the Policy and Health and Welfare practice groups at Groom Law Group where she advises... | Read More
Ms. Levy is a principal in the Policy and Health and Welfare practice groups at Groom Law Group where she advises clients on a wide range of federal tax issues affecting employee benefits. She has deep technical and policy expertise with respect to health and welfare plans, cafeteria plans, fringe benefits, and tax nondiscrimination rules. Ms. Levy regularly represents large employers, insurers, service providers, and trade associations in technical advocacy before the Departments of Treasury (and the IRS), Health and Human Services, Labor and the Office of Management and Budget. She also advocates for clients on Capitol Hill, with a focus on the Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees.Close
Ryan C. Temme
Groom Law Group
Mr. Temme practices in the firm's Health and Welfare Practice Group, where he works on a variety of health law... | Read More
Mr. Temme practices in the firm's Health and Welfare Practice Group, where he works on a variety of health law matters, with much of his practice focusing on implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). He is an expert on MHPAEA regulations and compliance and has helped a variety of plan sponsors and health insurers navigate DOL and CMS audits, as well as a variety of state regulatory parity issues.Close