Corporate Income Tax Software: Comparing the Leading Platforms
Real World Evaluations for Your Next Investment in a Compliance System
Recording of a 100-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will offer corporate tax professionals real world perspectives on how the leading corporate income tax software platforms perform in a tax compliance setting, and how to leverage the benefits of a particular program for your tax department's needs.
- Procedural aspects of federal and state income tax software research, selection, implementation
- Researching the various options
- Crafting a request for proposal
- Making the most of vendors’ services for installation
- Training staff on new software
- Description of features of current leading platforms for federal and state income tax
- Interface for preparing and completing state and federal forms
- Use of e-filing, compatibility with different states
- Typical cost of installation
- Integration with Web/research databases
- Experiences by and viewpoints of individual panelists
- How useful do they find customer service for each platform?
- How frequent, reliable and thorough do they find updates to the software?
- Do they find the platform up-to-date on the latest federal and state law changes?
- How seamlessly are federal forms and multiple state forms integrated into the different platforms?
The panel will break down the pros and cons of the leading platforms and offer advice for the procedural aspects of undergoing an implementation, including:
- Best practices for drafting an RFP for your company's next installation.
- Tactics for researching the competing platforms, without relying on biased information.
- Honest evaluations of some of the leading corporate income tax compliance platforms' abilities to manage documentation and integrate frequent updates to laws, regs and forms.
- Evaluations of how platforms integrate FAS 109 functionality.
- Practical approaches to training your staff on a new system.
James C. Bourke
WithumSmith and Brown
He is the firm's Director of Technology. He oversees implementation and operation of all of the firm's tax, accounting... | Read More
He is the firm's Director of Technology. He oversees implementation and operation of all of the firm's tax, accounting and other software platforms. He has spoken widely on tax and accounting technology issues for state CPA societies and other groups.Close
Traphagen and Traphagen CPAs
He specializes in corporate tax returns, audits, computer consulting and tax planning. He is designated as a Certified... | Read More
He specializes in corporate tax returns, audits, computer consulting and tax planning. He is designated as a Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) by the AICPA.Close
Lara Della Valle
Director of Compliance
The Gagnon Group
She has over 15 years of experience as a tax professional, and has concentrated in federal and state compliance for the... | Read More
She has over 15 years of experience as a tax professional, and has concentrated in federal and state compliance for the last 11 years. She has worked with both public and non-public companies in industries including manufacturing, distribution, retail and technology. She previously spent 7 years with one of the "Big Four" firms.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.
On-Demand Seminar Audio