Corporate Boards and Litigation Financing: Selecting Funder, Risk Assessment, Procedural and Ethical Considerations
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide general counsel and in-house attorneys with advice on the legal intricacies of determining the use of litigation finance or selecting a third-party logistics funder. The panel will examine the advantages and disadvantages of the litigation finance process, logistical considerations, and ethical concerns. The panel will provide counsel with strategies to optimize the key feature of litigation financing--that recourse is typically limited to the proceeds of the litigation/arbitration award or settlement.
- Advantages of use of litigation finance
- History of growth in the U.S.
- Specific benefits for stakeholders
- Timing of litigation funding
- Initial discussions
- Due diligence
- Probability of success on the merits
- Settlement authority
- Raising the prospect of litigation finance with clients
- Attorney-client privilege and work-product protection
- Control of litigation
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What is the history of the use of litigation finance?
- What are the potential benefits to corporations for using litigation finance?
- How does the process of litigating a claim differ under litigation finance rather than traditional sources of payment?
- What are the ethical issues for the board and counsel related to the use of litigation finance?
Gregory A. Markel
Mr. Markel is a nationally known trial lawyer who concentrates his practice on corporate governance litigation, mergers... | Read More
Mr. Markel is a nationally known trial lawyer who concentrates his practice on corporate governance litigation, mergers and acquisition litigation, directors and officers defense, securities litigation and antitrust litigation, particularly in bet your company cases. Mr. Markel frequently speaks to the press and others on a range of topics, such as director’s and officer’s liability, securities law, commercial litigation, accountants’ defense, law firm management and Internet litigation.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 12/18/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 12/18/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H