Construction Defect Damages Claims
Proving or Defending Damages For Latent and Patent Defects
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to construction counsel on effective approaches for proving or defending against claims for construction defect damages. The panel will also outline best practices to minimize liability for construction defects during contract negotiations.
- Proving or defending damages
- Latent defects versus patent defects
- Construction defects versus design defects
- Statute of limitations issues
- Injuries to a third party
- Determining damages
- Cost of repair
- Diminution in property value
- Consequential damages
- Attorneys fees
- Minimizing liability during contract negotiations
- Mandatory notice and default provisions
- Inspection procedures
- Other contract provisions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What factors are taken into account when determining whether a defect was latent or patent?
- What are some common methods of calculating damages for construction defects?
- How can well-crafted construction contracts be used to assert or defend against construction defect damages claims?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Daniel G. Rosenberg
He concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction and insurance coverage... | Read More
He concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction and insurance coverage litigation. He has litigated a variety of cases addressing many different types of construction claims, including delay and inefficiency, construction defect, differing site conditions, mechanics liens and insurance coverage claims related to the construction industry.Close
James K. (Keith) Ramsey
Holland & Knight
He practices in the area of construction litigation and is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. He... | Read More
He practices in the area of construction litigation and is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. He has handled complex construction litigation, both at the trial and appellate level, including claims for defects, water intrusion, delay damages, lien foreclosures, and default terminations. He has also represented clients in construction licensure disputes.Close