Complying With CMS' Overhauled Long-Term Care Regulations
Navigating New Rules for Comprehensive Care and Discharge Planning, Changes to Compliance Program Requirements, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel to healthcare and long-term care (LTC) providers with guidance on the new LTC regulations and outline compliance strategies in the current regulatory environment.
- LTC regulations
- Prohibition against pre-dispute binding arbitration agreements
- Patent assessment
- Comprehensive care planning and discharge planning
- Compliance and ethics programs
- Quality assurance
- Pharmacy services
- Addressing allegations of abusive conduct
- Impact of the new regs
- What providers and counsel need to do to ensure compliance
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do the overhauled regulations change the requirements for comprehensive care planning? Discharge planning?
- What impact will the prohibition of pre-dispute binding arbitration have?
- What must LTC providers do now to ensure compliance with the new rules?
Candace Marie Curran Espinosa, Esq.
Harter Secrest & Emery
Holland & Knight
Ms. Salimone is a health lawyer whose practice focuses on corporate compliance, particularly in the regulatory and... | Read More
Ms. Salimone is a health lawyer whose practice focuses on corporate compliance, particularly in the regulatory and data privacy areas. She advises clients on state and federal matters, including healthcare compliance, internal investigations, HIPAA and data privacy, cyber liability and reducing risk, long-term care, fraud and abuse, licensure, and EMTALA. Ms. Salimone is a past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section’s eHealth, Privacy & Security Interest Group.Close
Todd J. Selby
Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman
Mr. Selby focuses on regulatory and compliance issues affecting all healthcare providers with an emphasis on... | Read More
Mr. Selby focuses on regulatory and compliance issues affecting all healthcare providers with an emphasis on long-term care, home health and hospice providers. His practice is concentrated in the areas of licensure, certification, compliance and reimbursement at the local, state and federal levels. Mr. Selby also assists clients with Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and participation requirements and serves as a liaison between the clients and the regulatory agencies.Close