Compliance With New EU GDPR: Steps Investment Funds, Banks, Advisers and Financial Intermediaries Should Take Now
Revising Service Agreements and Internal Controls; Enhanced Disclosures, Higher Penalties
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the first crucial steps for fund managers, investment advisers, broker-dealers and other participants in the investment fund industry to comply with Europe’s new data protection regulation. The panel will examine contractual revisions and internal governance measures that controllers and processors of personal data should put in place now.
- Changes from previous regulation
- Companies with EU personal data are now subject to regulation
- Controllers vs. processors of data
- Data protection officers
- Framework for compliance
- Review and update privacy notices
- Review legal bases for data processing
- Review procedures and policies to comply with data subject rights
- Review and update data processing agreements
- Assess joint control instances
- Develop data breach procedures
- Implement data transfer mechanisms
The panel will review these and other crucial issues:
- What are the key features of the new GDPR?
- How should U.S. investment funds and related businesses determine if they are subject to the GDPR?
- How do the obligations of data controllers vary from those of data processors?
- What steps should companies and their counsel take now to ensure compliance with the GDPR?
Gretchen E. Scott
Ms. Scott’s technology transactions practice is sector agnostic and reaches across key industry verticals, such... | Read More
Ms. Scott’s technology transactions practice is sector agnostic and reaches across key industry verticals, such as software and SaaS, e-commerce, hardware and equipment, IT services, consumer goods, clean tech and energy and fintech. She focuses on technology transfer and the exploitation of intellectual property rights, as well as on data protection compliance, including the GDPR and e-Privacy Directive, and on specialist commercial contracts involving distribution, agency and franchising. She also advises on intellectual property, IT and data protection issues in joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and venture capital and private equity transactions.Close
Ms. McMullon is a member of the firm's International Labor & Employment Group. She assists clients in a wide... | Read More
Ms. McMullon is a member of the firm's International Labor & Employment Group. She assists clients in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious labor and employment law matters, including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing in a variety of sectors such as asset management, hospitality, retail and information technology. She has a growing data privacy practice and provides general day-to-day advice on data privacy issues with a particular focus on employee data protection issues. She is currently assisting many clients in becoming compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into force in May 2018.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/30/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/30/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H