Community Solar Project Development: Legal and Regulatory Issues, Multifamily Housing Projects, RECs, Tax Incentives
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide renewable energy counsel guidance for developing community solar projects and their application to multifamily housing projects. The panel will discuss the legal and regulatory challenges for developing community solar projects, their application to multifamily housing projects and related issues, tax incentives, renewable energy certificates (RECs), and other essential items when developing community solar projects.
- Community solar; environmental and social benefits
- Impact of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Community solar projects for multifamily housing projects
- Legal issues
- Regulatory challenges
- Structuring options
- Ownership model
- Subscription model
- Revenue streams and credits
- Bill credit for consumers
- Tax incentives
- Best practices and pitfalls to avoid for developers and their counsel
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What is community solar and what are its environmental and social benefits?
- What incentives are provided for community solar projects under the Inflation Reduction Act?
- What are the key considerations when structuring community solar for multifamily projects?
- What are the pros and cons of the ownership model and subscription model?
- What revenue streams, credits, and other incentives are available to developers and consumers of community solar?
Kara H. Herrnstein
Ms. Herrnstein is an experienced energy attorney focusing on facilitating renewable generation in Ohio. She provides... | Read More
Ms. Herrnstein is an experienced energy attorney focusing on facilitating renewable generation in Ohio. She provides legal assistance and problem-solving to developers at every stage of their projects, from land access to permitting to operation. Ms. Herrnstein's practice also includes litigation on behalf of a variety of energy companies including producers and midstream companies. In everything, she is a passionate about helping her clients build Ohio into a major energy-producing state.Close
William H. Holmes
Mr. Holmes focuses his practice in the area of energy and infrastructure projects and transactions with an emphasis on... | Read More
Mr. Holmes focuses his practice in the area of energy and infrastructure projects and transactions with an emphasis on wind energy, solar energy, hydroelectric power, geothermal, biomass, natural gas, carbon offsets, and energy storage. His experience extends into corporate transactions, water law, and real estate law. Mr. Holmes also advises clients in negotiating major power purchase agreements, acquisition and sale of energy projects, EPC agreements, O&M agreements, fuel supply, and energy project development agreements.Close