Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts and Modifications: Forbearance, Foreclosure, and Bankruptcy
Special Servicing Concerns With CMBS/CLO Loans, Protecting Lender and Borrower Interests
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide lenders' and borrowers' counsel with an overview of the benefits and limitations of real estate loan workout agreements and alternatives to foreclosure. The panel will explain best practices for negotiating forbearance agreements and minimizing risks associated with borrower bankruptcy. The program will also discuss servicing issues and other concerns in restructuring CMBS and other securitized loans.
- Alternatives to foreclosure
- Forbearance agreements
- CMBS/CLO loans and special servicers
- Bankruptcy risks and issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When are loan workouts an optimal--or even viable--option for borrowers and lenders?
- What are the critical provisions to include in the forbearance or waiver agreement?
- What unique risks does the borrower's bankruptcy pose, and how can counsel minimize these risks in crafting loan workouts?
- What are the specific and intricate rules that special servicers face when resolving defaulted CMBS loans?
Allen J. Dickey
Drinker Biddle & Reath
Mr. Dickey is a real estate and finance attorney who advises real estate funds, opportunity funds, real estate... | Read More
Mr. Dickey is a real estate and finance attorney who advises real estate funds, opportunity funds, real estate investment trusts, investment banks and others on commercial real estate transactions. He has exceptional experience in large portfolio transactions in numerous states.Close
Drinker Biddle & Reath
Mr. Slusher is a dedicated advocate for companies facing financial or regulatory crises, who expends the effort to... | Read More
Mr. Slusher is a dedicated advocate for companies facing financial or regulatory crises, who expends the effort to understand their business needs in the context of particular industries. He has more than 30 years of experience working for large and mid-sized public and private clients in complex bankruptcy and reorganization matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/14/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/14/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H