Commercial Mortgages, Security Deeds and Deeds of Trust
Securing Favorable Terms in a Conservative Underwriting Climate
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate finance counsel with perspectives of lenders reentering the credit market and outline approaches, techniques and tactics to work with lenders in today's underwriting climate. The panel will address key mortgage provisions and the impact of recent statutes and regulations.
- Perspectives and negotiation approaches
- Perspective and negotiation approaches of lenders
- Approaches, techniques and tactics for borrowers
- Negotiating the key provisions of mortgages, security deeds and deeds of trust
- Financial terms and impact of loan commitment
- Prepayment and defeasance rights
- Due on sale clauses
- Change of control
- Recourse debt and carveouts
- Personal guaranties
- Cross-Collateralization and cross-default
- Other Debts or incumbrances
- Post-Default and workout considerations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are lenders' concerns on reentering the credit market in today's conservative underwriting climate?
- How can borrowers negotiate favorable mortgage terms that will preserve and improve the profitability of the deal?
- What are the key mortgage terms that can be negotiated and how should the borrower approach each provision?
- What mortgage concerns arise in a post-default or workout situation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Thomas C. Homburger
He concentrates his practice in the area of real estate financing, development and investment, and he is particularly... | Read More
He concentrates his practice in the area of real estate financing, development and investment, and he is particularly noted for his experience in sale/leaseback transactions and the use of advanced financing techniques. He served as an adjunct professor of law at The John Marshall Law School, where he taught a course in advanced real estate transactions.Close
David H. Gunning, II
Roetzel & Andress
His practice focuses on real estate, finance and construction law. His clients have included lenders, developers,... | Read More
His practice focuses on real estate, finance and construction law. His clients have included lenders, developers, retailers, national and regional owners, contractors, municipalities, and universities.Close
M. Christine Graff
Winston & Strawn
She is a partner concentrating her practice in commercial real estate. She has assisted clients throughout the country... | Read More
She is a partner concentrating her practice in commercial real estate. She has assisted clients throughout the country in a wide range of matters, including commercial property acquisitions and dispositions, tenant-in-common transactions, real estate development, land use and joint venture transactions, project finance, commercial leasing, secured lending, and energy transactions.Close