Combating Counterfeiting: Collaborating With Competitors, Customers and Online Operators
Protecting Confidential Information and Trade Secrets, Avoiding Antitrust Risks
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to brand owners on collaborating with competitors, customers and others to fight counterfeiters. The program will discuss the importance of working with business competitors as well as the roadblocks and risks for companies deciding whether to collaborate. The program will also examine working with downstream customers and online operators to fight counterfeiting.
- Collaborating with competitors to battle counterfeiting
- Collaborating with customers to battle counterfeiting
- Collaborating with online operators to battle counterfeiting
- Considerations when collaborating
- Antitrust concerns
- Protecting trade secrets and confidential information
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other critical questions:
- What factors should companies consider when deciding to collaborate with competitors? What are the risks of collaborating?
- What are the limitations on exchanging information when collaborating with competitors? What activities should competitive collaborators avoid?
- What safeguards should companies implement to mitigate the risks of collaborating with competitors, customers and online operators?
Aaron D. Johnson
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
Mr. Johnson’s practice focuses on protecting and enforcing his clients’ intellectual property rights,... | Read More
Mr. Johnson’s practice focuses on protecting and enforcing his clients’ intellectual property rights, particularly trademark and copyright rights, and defending against claims of infringement. He counsels clients on IP protection strategy, assists with the prosecution of trademark and copyright applications in the U.S. and aboard, and has handled trademark and copyright disputes in a wide variety of forums, including before federal and state courts in the U.S., opposition and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB, and domain name issues before international tribunals. Mr. Johnson concentrates on helping clients resolve their disputes before litigation is necessary, and counsels them on best practices regarding enforcement of their intellectual property rights.Close
Harley I. Lewin
Preti Flaherty Beliveau & Pachios
For more than 40 years, Mr. Lewin has served clients’ business and intellectual property concerns around the... | Read More
For more than 40 years, Mr. Lewin has served clients’ business and intellectual property concerns around the world through brand protection strategies, major case litigation, and transactional counseling. Mr. Lewin works with the governments, law enforcement, courts, and customs in over 75 countries to track and stop the flow of fake or infringing goods, developing and implementing cost-effective methods to protect his clients’ most valued assets. He also deals with trademarks, trade dress, copyright, unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, infringement, and related issues in U.S. Federal Circuits and state courts, as well as in U.S. territories and possessions.Close