Combating Class Settlement Objectors: New Rule 23 Amendments, Key Preventive Measures and Tactics
Minimizing and Defending Against Challenges by Professional Objectors, Government Officials, and Public Interest Groups
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide class counsel with an examination of trends in settlement objections including the amendments to Rule 23 as they relate to objectors and outline best practices for both plaintiff and defense counsel to protect proposed class action settlements.
- Professional objectors
- Government official objections
- Public interest group objections
- New amendments to Rule 23
- Best practices for minimizing and overcoming challenges to class action settlements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What tactics can defense and plaintiff class counsel employ to discourage the filing of objections by professional objectors?
- What are the most common objections made by government officials?
- Which are the most common public interest class action settlement objectors and what are their motivations and agenda?
- How can counsel--both defense and plaintiff--be proactive in protecting their proposed settlement?
- How will the amendments to Rule 23 change the treatment of class action settlement objectors?
Andrew J. Trask
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Mr. Trask focuses his practice on class action and complex litigation in various industries, including the automotive... | Read More
Mr. Trask focuses his practice on class action and complex litigation in various industries, including the automotive industry and financial services. Regarded as an authority in class action litigation, he has experience in class actions involving product liability, consumer fraud, telecommunications products, business litigation and contracts, banking, securities, ERISA, antitrust and environmental claims. He also has defended mass tort cases involving financial regulations, as well as government investigations and data breach matters.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/31/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/31/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H