Clinical Trials During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond: New FDA, NIH Guidance and other Federal Agency Actions to Enable Research
Managing Protocol Changes, Deviations, and Challenges, Plus Flexibilities in Federal Grant and Contract Requirements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel on advising clients conducting clinical trials and other research activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Challenges for clinical trials during COVID-19
- Recent FDA and NIH guidance on the conduct of clinical trials
- Privacy considerations and clinical trial reporting
- Flexibilities in federal grant and contract requirements and additional funding opportunities resulting from federal COVID-19 legislation
- Best practices for ongoing and future trials
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What risks does COVID-19 present for clinical trials?
- What recommended actions should sponsors, researchers, IRB administrators, and others take in light of the recent FDA and NIH guidance?
- What does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for sponsored projects officers and federal grant and contract requirements?
- How has recent federal legislation impacted research operations and funding?
Valerie H. Bonham
Ropes & Gray
Ms. Bonham is skilled healthcare attorney and nationally recognized expert in research compliance, government and... | Read More
Ms. Bonham is skilled healthcare attorney and nationally recognized expert in research compliance, government and internal investigations, integrity, and bioethics. She has nearly 20 years of experience in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as a leader in healthcare, life sciences, enforcement and public policy. Ms. Bonham served as a senior advisor in the Office of the Director of the National Institutes of Health and as a senior attorney in the Office of the General Counsel of the HHS.Close
David Peloquin, J.D.
Ropes & Gray
Mr. Peloquin works with the firm’s Corporate Department, primarily on healthcare matters, and particularly in the... | Read More
Mr. Peloquin works with the firm’s Corporate Department, primarily on healthcare matters, and particularly in the area of clinical research and health data privacy. Prior to attending law school, he worked as a project manager for a leading supplier of electronic medical records. Mr. Peloquin is a frequent author and lecturer on clinical research/human subject protection issues, among others.Close