Climate Change Litigation: Juliana v. U.S., Constitutional Claims, International Cases, Corporate Fraud
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide environmental, constitutional, and civil rights counsel with an overview of climate change litigation in the U.S. and abroad while addressing the holdings of the Juliana vs. U.S. decision and the state of environmental rights litigation.The panel will further look at litigation as a tool to achieve outcomes consistent with a net-zero emissions future and public and private party defenses against climate change claims.
- Recent history in climate change litigation
- Appeal options
- International cases: constitutional and human rights claims
- U.N. Convention on Human Rights of the Child
- Corporate fraud claims
- Future of climate change litigation
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- How does the ruling in Juliana impact the future of climate change litigation in the U.S.?
- What are lessons from international rulings on climate change regulation and laws?
- How can companies defend against claims related to corporate fraud or failure to disclose in the realm of climate change litigation?
Philip L. (Phil) Gregory
Gregory Law Group
Mr. Gregory's 40-year practice emphasizes complex business, real estate, and environmental litigation, including... | Read More
Mr. Gregory's 40-year practice emphasizes complex business, real estate, and environmental litigation, including antitrust, financial fraud, employment, securities, and intellectual property matters.Close
Bradford C. Mank
Professor of Law
University of Cincinnati College of Law
Mr. Mank teaches environmental, administrative and property law. He was in private practice, focusing on environmental... | Read More
Mr. Mank teaches environmental, administrative and property law. He was in private practice, focusing on environmental law and was an Assistant Attorney General for Connecticut before teaching.Close
Senior Litigation Attorney
Our Children's Trust
Ms. Rodgers' practice has focused on reducing pollution from industrial agricultural operations, protecting and... | Read More
Ms. Rodgers' practice has focused on reducing pollution from industrial agricultural operations, protecting and enhancing instream flows for people and fish, and fighting climate change for young people and future generations.Close