Class Action Notice Requirements: Leveraging Traditional and Emerging Media to Reach Class Members
Complying With Due Process, Rule 23 Plain Language and CAFA Settlement Notice Requirements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine the current legal landscape regarding meeting class action notice requirements. The panel will discuss how class counsel are leveraging traditional and social media options to increase efficiency and reduce costs when notifying class members of class actions and settlements. The panel will also explain best practices for ensuring due process protections and complying with Rule 23’s plain language and CAFA’s settlement notice requirements when providing class action notice.
- Leveraging traditional and emerging media when providing notice to class members
- Traditional notice requirements and latest court developments
- Notice by electronic means—latest court developments
- Rule 23 plain language requirements
- Plain language requirement overview
- Avoidable mistakes
- Impact on judicial review
- CAFA settlement notice requirements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest trends and legal developments regarding using traditional and electronic media to provide class action notice?
- What potential pitfalls should class counsel be aware of when drafting class action notices?
- What are some best practices to ensure that class action notices meet due process, plain language and CAFA settlement notice requirements?
Natalie Finkelman Bennett
Shepherd Finkelman Miller & Shah
Ms. Bennett concentrates her practice on antitrust, consumer and insurance litigation, as well as complex commercial... | Read More
Ms. Bennett concentrates her practice on antitrust, consumer and insurance litigation, as well as complex commercial matters. She also has significant experiencing representing clients in a wide variety of corporate governance, securities, employment benefit, wage/hour and unfair trade practices cases. In addition, Ms. Bennett represents client in whistleblower cases brought under the False Claims Act.Close
Casie D. Collignon
Baker & Hostetler
Ms. Collignon represents clients in a variety of litigation matters, including class action lawsuits. She has been... | Read More
Ms. Collignon represents clients in a variety of litigation matters, including class action lawsuits. She has been instrumental in successfully defeating class certification in consumer lawsuits, obtaining dismissals of class action claims in a variety of contexts, developing e-discovery strategies and reaching favorable class and non-class settlements by focusing on creatively limiting client exposure.Close
Vice President, Legal Notification Services
With a decade of industry experience, Ms. Peak specializes in the design of plain language legal notice documents. Her... | Read More
With a decade of industry experience, Ms. Peak specializes in the design of plain language legal notice documents. Her expertise includes the design and production of individual, published, broadcast and Internet notices. She has successfully provided notice in both U.S. and international markets, including communications in more than 35 languages. Ms. Peak has presented on and written numerous articles about class action notification programs, the design of effective notice documents, as well as industry trends and innovations.Close