Claims Against the Estate: Overcoming Distribution Challenges, Accounting Demands, and Creditor Claims
Creditor Notice Requirements, Sale of Assets, Liens Against the Estate
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide estates counsel, trustees, and administrators on critical challenges in addressing claims in estate administration. The panel will discuss legal challenges and considerations in defending against or disputing distributions and accounting of assets, debts and managing creditor claims, sale of assets and related issues, liens against the estate, and best practices to avoid litigation.
- Types of claims in estate administration
- Assets subject to claims, priority, and payments
- Claims period, notice and presentation against the estate
- Sale of real estate and IRS release of estate tax lien
- Addressing insolvency and foreclosure issues
- Best practices in handling disputed distributions, accounting, and creditor claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What types of claims can be raised against an estate?
- What assets are subject to claims from creditors?
- What are the notice and presentation requirements in pursuing claims against an estate?
- What are the legal and procedural challenges in managing disputed distributions, accounting, and creditor claims?
- What issues are presented in the sale of real estate
- What are the procedures in removing IRS estate tax liens?
- What methods are available for addressing insolvency and foreclosures?
Poulos Law Firm
Mr. Poulos is an estate planning and business attorney serving the Phoenix area. With 30 years of experience, he has... | Read More
Mr. Poulos is an estate planning and business attorney serving the Phoenix area. With 30 years of experience, he has counseled hundreds of clients, guiding them through their legal, individual, family and business issues. He is licensed to practice law in Arizona and New York. Mr. Poulos is a member of WealthCounsel and ElderCounsel, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. He earned his bachelor's degree from New York University. As an undergraduate, Mr. Poulos entered an accelerated degree program and received his Master in Business Administration in accounting from New York University. He then went on to earn his J.D. degree from Brooklyn Law School.Close
Louis A. Silverman
Silverman Law Offices
Mr. Silverman has been practicing law for over 30 years. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Arizona and... | Read More
Mr. Silverman has been practicing law for over 30 years. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Arizona and Texas, the U.S. District Courts, Arizona, and Western District of Texas.Close
Phillip B. Visnansky
Warner Angle Hallam Jackson & Formanek
Mr. Visnansky practice focuses on helping families navigate complex cases involving probate, guardianship,... | Read More
Mr. Visnansky practice focuses on helping families navigate complex cases involving probate, guardianship, conservatorship, trust, and estate planning issues.Close