Choosing a Retirement Plan for the Self-Employed: Maximizing Contributions, Solo 401(k)s, SECURE Act
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will delve into the differences between different retirement plans, who is eligible to establish a plan, how plans can be combined to maximize savings, and the SECURE Act. Our retirement expert will provide a thorough explanation of the options available for businesses and self-employed individuals.
- The SECURE Act changes
- Self-employed retirement plan
- SIMPLE IRA
- Solo 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Roth conversions
- Safe Harbor or safe harbor?
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Which taxpayers are eligible to establish a solo 401(k)?
- What are the key differences between a solo 401(k) and one with rank and file employees?
- How did the SECURE Act change retirement plans?
- When should an employer consider adding a Cash Balance Plan to the company’s retirement program?
Christopher W. Tipper
Founder and CEO
Hunter Benefits Consulting Group
Mr. Tipper began his career in retirement benefits in 1990, founding Hunter Benefits in 1999 and quickly rising to... | Read More
Mr. Tipper began his career in retirement benefits in 1990, founding Hunter Benefits in 1999 and quickly rising to prominence as an expert who challenges fellow plan consultants to continuously improve business practices, adapt to rapidly changing trends and provide cost-effective, meaningful services for their clients. He oversees new client development and marketing and serves as an expert speaker at major industry events.Close