Chapter 11 Exit Strategies in the Frozen Credit Market
Evaluating the Alternatives When Bankruptcy Financing is in Jeopardy
Will cash-strapped lenders force more businesses to liquidate rather than reorganize?
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will explain the impact of the credit market crunch on Chapter 11 exit financing, weigh the benefits and risks of reorganizing versus liquidating, and recommend strategies for bankrupt companies seeking exit financing.
- Current trends in bankruptcy exit financing
- Delphi Corporation
- Dura Automotive
- Solutia Incorporated
- Bankruptcy alternatives – pros and cons
- Chapter 7 liquidation
- Section 363 sale
- Future trends in bankruptcy exit financing and strategies for bankrupt corporations
- MAC clause litigation
- Pre-negotiated reorganization plans
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How has the credit market crisis impacted distressed corporations' ability to secure financing needed to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection?
- What are the anticipated legal consequences of lenders' decisions to deny or withdraw previously committed exit financing?
- How will the shortened time frames for reorganization mandated in the 2005 Bankruptcy Code Amendments impact corporations seeking financing while under Chapter 11 protection?
- What are the legal alternatives — and associated strategies — for bankrupt companies currently under control of the bankruptcy court?
He is Group Leader of the firm's Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group with a practice in New... | Read More
He is Group Leader of the firm's Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group with a practice in New York and Boston. He has more than 21 years experience representing financial institutions, debtors, trustees, creditors' committees and hedge funds in out-of-court workouts and bankruptcies. He has taught college courses on bankruptcy and lectures on distressed real estate finance at Boston College.Close
Theresa V. Brown-Edwards
Potter Anderson & Corroon
She is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Group focusing on corporate reorganizations. She has... | Read More
She is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Group focusing on corporate reorganizations. She has significant experience representing Chapter 11 debtors and debtors-in-possession. She also focuses on the protection of purchasers of assets and creditors' rights, including the representations of creditors' committees, second lien holders' committees, lenders, and landlords.Close
Michael B. Solow
He has over 20 years experience representing creditors, trustees and governmental agencies and other parties nationwide... | Read More
He has over 20 years experience representing creditors, trustees and governmental agencies and other parties nationwide in the bankruptcy and insolvency area. He is Co-Chair of the firm's Business Reorganization and Creditors' Rights Department and is a frequent lecturer on various topics relating to dealing with insolvent entities.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio