CGL Exclusions: Contractual Liability, Business Risk, Third-Party Over, Pollution, and Data Breach Exclusions
Advocating Scope of the Exclusions From the Policyholder and Insurer Perspectives
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine CGL policy exclusions frequently contested in commercial business disputes, including contractual liability, business risk, third-party over, pollution, and data breach exclusions. The program will analyze recent case law developments interpreting the scope of these exclusions and outline effective arguments for both insurers and policyholders in insurance disputes.
- Contractual liability
- Business risk
- Employer's liability or third-party over
- Data breach
The panel will review these and other contentious questions:
- What is the key to determining the line between business risk and a covered risk?
- What is an "insured contract" as set out in one of the exceptions to the contractual liability exclusion and how is the definition critical to understanding the coverage provided?
- In what circumstances may employers face the employer's liability or third-party over exclusion?
- What are the most recent case law developments regarding the scope and applicability of the pollution exclusion?
- What additional exclusions are anticipated?
Mr. Friedman provides corporate insurance counseling to companies in Florida, the Caribbean, New York, and other... | Read More
Mr. Friedman provides corporate insurance counseling to companies in Florida, the Caribbean, New York, and other U.S. and foreign jurisdictions. He also advised the State of Florida on insurance policy issues. He writes extensively about insurance coverage for many publications, including National Underwriter, Business Insurance, Risk & Insurance, South Florida Business Journal, and Harvard Law Record.Close
Daniel J. Lynn
Jackson & Campbell
Mr. Lynn's practice specializes in advising clients and defending complex litigation involving Pollution Legal... | Read More
Mr. Lynn's practice specializes in advising clients and defending complex litigation involving Pollution Legal Liability insurance products. He has extensive experience representing clients involved in environmental and toxic tort insurance coverage disputes venued in state and federal courts throughout the United States as well as counseling clients in mediation and settlement negotiations in lieu of such litigation. Mr. Lynn also currently serves on the Firm’s Executive and Pro Bono Committees.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/16/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/16/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H