CEQA and Environmental Impact Reports: 2020 Cases, Standards, Mitigation Measures, Exemptions and Lead Agencies
Current Requirements for Project Approval, Environmental Protection and Commercial Development
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide environmental counsel on recent developments involving the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), cases decided by the California Fifth District Court of Appeal, and the updated topic papers related to mitigation measures, exemptions, lead agencies, responsible agencies, and trustee agencies.
- General overview of 1st quarter cases and topic papers for 2020 CEQA
- Cases in California Fifth Appellate Court
- King and Gardiner Farms v. County of Kern (Feb. 25, 2020)
- Environmental Council of Sacramento v. County of Sacramento (Mar. 2, 2020)
- Save the Agoura Cornell Knoll v. City of Agoura Hills (Mar. 17, 2020)
- Citizens for a Responsible Caltrans Decision v. Department of Transp. (2020)
- Topic papers
- Mitigation measures
- Initial study
- CEQA exemptions
- Statutory vs. categorical
- Unusual circumstance exemption
- Updated lead agency, responsible agencies, and trustee agencies
- Mitigation measures
The panel will review these and other important topics:
- What is necessary in an EIR under current guidelines?
- How have the courts asserted what is needed in an EIR and how questions to draft EIRs must be answered?
- What mitigation measures must a project implement to have an EIR approved?
- How can a project best qualify for CEQA exemptions?
Arielle O. Harris
Miller Starr Regalia
Ms. Harris represents developers, landowners, and public agencies in connection with obtaining and defending land use... | Read More
Ms. Harris represents developers, landowners, and public agencies in connection with obtaining and defending land use entitlements, environmental review, as well as state and federal permitting for a wide range of projects including mixed-use and master planned developments, commercial development, renewable energy projects, and public infrastructure projects.Close
Kathryn L. Oehlschlager
With more than fifteen years of experience in environmental law, Ms. Oehlschlager has built a robust practice spanning... | Read More
With more than fifteen years of experience in environmental law, Ms. Oehlschlager has built a robust practice spanning environmental and land use compliance counseling, state and federal enforcement defense, and major litigation.Close
Sarah E. Owsowitz
Best Best & Krieger
Ms. Owsowitz’s practice focuses on California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) advice and litigation, with a... | Read More
Ms. Owsowitz’s practice focuses on California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) advice and litigation, with a particular concentration on large-scale commercial, industrial and residential developments, water projects, as well as those projects with significant cultural resource issues. She represents both public and private clients in administrative proceedings and litigation involving CEQA, as well as state and local planning and zoning laws. Ms. Owsowitz is of counsel in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Environmental Law & Natural Resources practice group.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/16/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/16/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H