Centralized Audit Regime Issues for Buyers and Sellers of Partnership Interests: Protecting Against Audit Risks
Structuring the Purchase or Sale of Partnership Interests Under New IRS Audit Rules
A live 90-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide guidance to tax counsel and advisers on BBA audit regime issues faced by buyers and sellers of partnership interests. The panel will discuss key points of interest in negotiating and structuring purchases or sales of partnership interests in light of the new partnership audit regime for both sellers and buyers. The panel will also provide an in-depth analysis of methods in assessing potential BBA audit risks and protecting against pre-acquisition liability.
- Critical provisions of the new centralized audit regime
- Authority of partnership representatives and associated risks
- Negotiating and structuring the purchase or sale of partnership interests in light of the new audit regime
- Key considerations for buyers
- Key considerations for sellers
- Assessing BBA audit risks and critical due diligence initiatives for buyers and sellers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the implications of the new partnership audit rules on structuring partnership mergers or acquisitions?
- What are the challenges and risks associated with the selection and authority of a partnership representative?
- What are the key considerations in the negotiation and structuring of a purchase or sale of partnerships under the new audit rules?
- What are the factors to consider in assessing BBA audit risks?
- What are the due diligence initiatives for buyers and sellers to limit potential tax liability?
Goulston & Storrs
Mr. Stein advises public and private companies, investment funds and real estate investors on corporate,... | Read More
Mr. Stein advises public and private companies, investment funds and real estate investors on corporate, partnership and international tax matters. He is experienced in representing buyers and sellers in taxable and tax-free M&A transactions; investment fund sponsors and institutional investors in fund formation and structuring of portfolio investments; and real estate investors and developers in optimizing complex joint venture strategies.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 10/04/19)
See NASBA details.
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 10/04/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H