California Renewable Energy Permitting: State Laws, Regulatory Highlights, Requirements, and Pitfalls to Avoid
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide renewable energy attorneys an in-depth analysis of the requirements and challenges of obtaining permits for California's renewable energy projects. The panel will discuss California's current renewable energy landscape, the permitting process for solar, wind, and battery storage, and key considerations for energy businesses, project developers, manufacturers, and utilities.
- Renewable energy landscape in California
- Key considerations in site selection and permitting for public or private lands
- Federal, state, and local authority and regulatory roadblocks
- Environmental issues that impact permits for renewable energy facilities
- Strategies for siting and permitting
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the recent developments impacting the siting and permitting of renewable energy in California?
- What factors must a company and its counsel consider when selecting a site for a renewable energy facility?
- What are the key infrastructure concerns to resolve before a renewable energy facility can proceed?
- What environmental issues will impact obtaining a permit for a renewable energy facility?
- What approaches can counsel for developers and property owners use to site and permit a renewable energy facility in California?
Anne E. Mudge
Cox Castle & Nicholson
Ms. Mudge is one of California's leading siting and permitting lawyers for land use development and utility-scale... | Read More
Ms. Mudge is one of California's leading siting and permitting lawyers for land use development and utility-scale energy projects. She has been recognized as one of Daily Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers in California, and has been named among the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Northern California multiple years running. Ms. Mudge is a recognized leader in the permitting of renewable energy facilities, and she is a frequent speaker and presenter on renewable energy issues.Close
Peter H. Weiner
Mr. Weiner heads the firm’s Environment and Energy Practice. He represents renewable energy companies, real... | Read More
Mr. Weiner heads the firm’s Environment and Energy Practice. He represents renewable energy companies, real estate developers, manufacturers, and consumer products companies in federal, state and local environmental, energy and OSHA regulatory matters, litigation and legislation. Mr. Weiner’s energy practice includes representation of solar energy, wind, geothermal, and biomass companies before the federal and state regulatory agencies. He has represented eight utility-scale solar energy companies with over 8000 MW and $30B in proposed projects, including successful litigation against permit challenges, and continues to represent new projects in the pipeline. Mr. Weiner’s broad environmental practice focuses on species and wilderness protection, “brownfields” development, California Environmental Quality Act and NEPA environmental impact reports, land use, Superfund, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, hazardous waste management, Proposition 65, and environmental insurance.Close