California AB 979 and Other State Laws on Board Diversity: Corporate Governance and Requirements for Directors from Underrepresented Groups
Penalties, Legal Challenges, Disclosures, and Enforcement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will address the requirements for increased diversity on corporate boards as required under new California and Illinois laws and proposed in several other states. The new laws expand diversity categories to include board members from underrepresented communities. The panel will discuss best practices for compliance and the penalties and implications to brand and reputation for violations of these policies.
- California AB 979
- Pending litigation
- Other states and countries
- Gender diversity
- Professional diversity
- Recommended practices
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the requirements for board diversity under California AB 979?
- How can corporate boards work to achieve social diversity (outside of gender diversity)?
- What are the current trends in states other than California regarding board diversity?
- What professional diversity qualifications should be considered when recruiting new board members?
- What are recommended practices for compliance with corporate board diversity regulations today and in the future?
Ms. Jackson serves as a California liaison for Littler’s Workplace Policy Institute (WPI). She focuses on... | Read More
Ms. Jackson serves as a California liaison for Littler’s Workplace Policy Institute (WPI). She focuses on California state and local legislative and regulatory developments affecting the workplace, and advises in-house counsel and human resources professionals on understanding legislation before it becomes law and helps them prepare their policies and practices for compliance.Close
Britney N. Torres
Ms. Torres is an experienced litigator and advisor for employers of all sizes on all aspects of the employer-employee... | Read More
Ms. Torres is an experienced litigator and advisor for employers of all sizes on all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. Through jury and bench trials, mediations, and arbitrations, Britney effectively resolves difficult and complex matters arising under both federal and state law. She also advises employers regarding complex legal issues in all aspects of personnel management.Close