Blockchain for CPAs: Financial Reporting Opportunities and Audit Implications
Implementing and Verifying Distributed Ledger Technology on Financial Accounting Engagements
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide accounting and audit professionals with a critical early look at the financial reporting and audit challenges for companies utilizing blockchain technology in their financial reporting. The panel will detail the fundamentals of blockchain as they apply to financial transactions, discuss the advantages of distributed ledger technology (DLT) in cost-efficiency, cybersecurity and fraud protection, and address structural concerns in implementation.
- Characteristics of DLT and blockchain
- Decentralized, peer-to-peer database
- No intermediary required
- Authenticated transactions
- Difference between blockchain and DLT
- Applications for financial accounting and audit engagements
- Public vs. private blockchains
- Automated tracking and enforcement
- Concerns and opportunities
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is a distributed ledger and how does it change the way transactions and information are documented?
- What are the advantages of DLT and blockchain as to data security, efficiency and fraud protection?
- What factors must accounting firms consider in setting up a private blockchain network to provide financial statement and audit services?
- What are the potential impediments to a CPA firm utilizing blockchain technology?
Dr. Deniz A. Appelbaum
Montclair State University Feliciano School of Business
Dr. Appelbaum is Assistant Professor of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the Feliciano School of Business of... | Read More
Dr. Appelbaum is Assistant Professor of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the Feliciano School of Business of Montclair State University. She has published manuscripts in Accounting Horizons, Journal of Accounting Literature, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, among others. Dr. Appelbaum research focuses on financial and occupational fraud detection and prevention with automated analytics, transparency of governmental financial reporting, analytical procedures in the external audit process, drones and robotics in auditing and accounting, and BlockChain and big data as audit evidence.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/26/19)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $35. CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event.
See NASBA details.
Live Webinar & CPE Processing
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $150 (through 04/26/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$144 + $19.45 S&H