Bidding Strategies in M&A Auctions: Planning and Executing Winning Bids, Minimizing Costs of Losing Bids
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss strategies for planning and executing a successful bid in an M&A auction and tactics for bidders to strike the right balance between going the extra mile to win bids and minimizing the cost of losing bids.
- Sellers’ goals in auctions
- Successful bidder strategies
- Consider the extent to which you will follow rules in seller’s bid package
- Review diligence materials
- Tailor bid to issues arising during due diligence
- Avoid low-ball or casual-pass offers
- Exercise restraint in early bidding rounds
- Make an alternative bid proposal
- Provide deal closing certainty
- Identify and act on shifts in deal leverage
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the advantages to a business seller of using an M&A auction process when selling the business?
- What strategies have been successful for bidders to obtain a successful outcome in an M&A auction?
- How can sellers maximize their deal leverage during various stages of the M&A auction process?
- How can bidders take advantage of shifting deal leverage as the M&A auction progresses?
Scott B. Crofton
Sullivan & Cromwell
Mr. Crofton’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions. He has experience in all aspects of advising... | Read More
Mr. Crofton’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions. He has experience in all aspects of advising boards of directors, special committees and management of public and private companies in a wide variety of domestic and international strategic transactions. He is also involved in counseling clients on corporate governance matters, stockholder activist situations and unsolicited takeover proposals.Close
Keith P. Radtke
Faegre Baker Daniels
Mr. Radtke specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, commercial transactions and general corporate... | Read More
Mr. Radtke specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, commercial transactions and general corporate counseling. He regularly represents buyers, sellers and institutional investors in many different types of strategic and private equity M&A transactions, strategic investments and joint ventures. He also represents owners of privately held companies in connection with the sale of their business. He counsels leading private equity firms as well as management groups in connection with their investment and incentive arrangements in private equity transactions.Close