Benefits and Compensation Pitfalls for Closely Held Businesses: Health Insurance, 401(k) Plans and More
Identifying and Overcoming Compliance and Administrative Issues
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide benefits counsel, advisers, and plan administrators on methods to avoid benefits and compensation pitfalls for closely held businesses. The panel will discuss the compliance and administrative challenges in offering and providing health insurance, 401(k) plans, fringe benefits, etc., and other issues faced by closely held businesses and best practices to avoid them.
- Federal and state regulations impacting benefits and compensation in closely held businesses
- Ensuring compliance in providing health insurance
- 401(k) plans for the family-owned and closely held business
- Fringe benefits and perks
- Administrative obstacles and how to avoid them
- Best practices and planning techniques in implementing benefits and compensation arrangements
The panel will review these and other key concepts:
- How can obstacles be avoided in providing health insurance for family-owned companies?
- What are the compliance and administrative issues in adopting 401(k) plans for the closely held business?
- What are the best practices and available planning techniques to ensure compliance for benefits and compensation arrangements for family-owned and closely held businesses?
Carrie E. Byrnes
Michael Best & Friedrich
Ms. Byrnes concentrates her practice in employee benefits and executive compensation law. She assists employers and... | Read More
Ms. Byrnes concentrates her practice in employee benefits and executive compensation law. She assists employers and executives with all aspects of their compensation and benefits packages. She counsels on the design, drafting, implementation and administration of retirement plans, health and welfare benefit plans, fringe benefit plans, SEP-IRAs, deferred compensation plans, and equity and equity-based compensation arrangements. She is a frequent speaker on employee benefits topics.Close
Jason P. Faust
Michael Best & Friedrich
Clients rely on Mr. Faust for strategic counsel regarding a broad range of employee benefits and executive compensation... | Read More
Clients rely on Mr. Faust for strategic counsel regarding a broad range of employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including: qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, including pension and 401(k) plans, health and welfare plans, including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act compliance, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, multiemployer pension and health and welfare plans and compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Internal Revenue Code.Close