Avoiding Landmines and Exposure in Confronting Healthcare Liens and Insurance Subrogation Claims in Personal Injury Cases
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide personal injury counsel with the current law and practical tips to effectively navigate Medicare Conditional Payments, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicaid, VA, FEHBA, and ERISA healthcare liens and insurance subrogation to maximize recovery and ensure compliance.
- Common Medicare traps and how to avoid them
- Review of MSP statute
- Liability of plaintiffs and plaintiffs’ counsel
- Medicare advantage plans
- Review of case law
- Are plaintiffs’ attorneys being targeted for double damages?
- Medicaid liens
- Review of federal Medicaid statutes
- Discussion of Ahlborn and Gallardo v. Marstiller
- Veteran’s administration and fehba claims
- ERISA-based claims
- Insured and self-funded plans
- Review of case law
- Claims against plaintiffs and plaintiffs’ counsel
- The probate exception
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What obligations do plaintiffs in personal injury cases have to reimburse healthcare providers or insurance carriers?
- What are best practices to efficiently manage healthcare liens?
- What are best practices for resolving health insurance subrogation claims?
Paul K. Isaac
Founder & Managing Partner
Mr. Isaac is a trial attorney and is the founding member and managing partner of Precision Resolution LLC. During his... | Read More
Mr. Isaac is a trial attorney and is the founding member and managing partner of Precision Resolution LLC. During his time as a practicing attorney, he helped many clients obtain large settlements and favorable verdicts. Mr. Isaac’s numerous years of experience as an attorney and strategic life planner allow him to anticipate a plaintiff’s long-term financial needs and dedicate his practice to maximizing the value plaintiff’s settlement proceeds. He is a past president of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association’s Western Region Group. Mr. Issacc holds a life and health insurance license, securities licenses in Series 6, 63, 65, and 7 and is also the founder and managing partner of Paramount Settlement Planning LLC.Close
Paul R. Loudenslager, MSCC
Senior Lien Attorney
Mr. Loudenslager is the Senior Lien Attorney at Precision Resolution, LLC. A Certified Medicare Set-Aside Consultant,... | Read More
Mr. Loudenslager is the Senior Lien Attorney at Precision Resolution, LLC. A Certified Medicare Set-Aside Consultant, he focuses his practice on Medicare Advantage Plan, ERISA and Medicaid liens, specifically, the litigation and resolution of these lien amounts in personal injury actions.Close
Lead Lien Attorney
Ms. Gibson serves as Precision Resolution’s Lead Lien Attorney, focusing on lien resolution in the areas of... | Read More
Ms. Gibson serves as Precision Resolution’s Lead Lien Attorney, focusing on lien resolution in the areas of Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid.Close