Avoiding IRS Audit Red Flags: IRS' DIF Score, LB&I vs. Correspondence Exams, Statutes of Limitation
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will give a first-hand look at how the Internal Revenue Service selects tax returns for audit. Our IRS veteran will provide insights into the different levels of IRS examinations, appropriate responses, and how to avoid the expansion or escalation of an audit.
- IRS audits: introduction
- DIF score
- Audit triggers
- Types of audit
- Record retention
- Statutes of limitation
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- How is the IRS' DIF score used to select tax returns for an audit?
- What steps can tax professionals take to reduce the chances of a return being selected for audit?
- What are the different types of examinations conducted by the IRS?
- When does an audit of one return or item expand into an audit of all of a taxpayer's undertakings?
- How should a tax practitioner respond to a mail-in audit request?
- How do the applicable statutes of limitation affect an examination?
Kelly H. Myers
Myers Consulting Group
Mr. Myers is a valuable asset to the tax practitioner community. He speaks at numerous seminars and continuing... | Read More
Mr. Myers is a valuable asset to the tax practitioner community. He speaks at numerous seminars and continuing education events on a variety of subjects ranging from IRS culture and processes to technical topics based on his decades of experience. Mr. Myers spent over 30 years with the IRS with his last 20 years as a Sr. Technical Advisor for Washington DC.Close
Early Discount (through 06/10/22)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.