Asset Spend-Down for Medicaid Qualification
Navigating the Complexities of Classifying Assets, Individuals vs. Married Couples, and Appeals Process
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with an understanding of the complexities involved in asset spend-down for Medicaid qualification. The panel will highlight strategies for spend-down, ways assets are classified, and distinctions between individuals and married couples.
- Qualifying for Medicaid
- Spend-down rules and requirements
- Spend-down strategies for individual applicants
- Spend-down strategies for married couples
- Common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What strategies should counsel consider in determining spend-down?
- What distinctions should be taken into account when determining spend-down for individuals as opposed to married couples?
- How can funds be spent to avoid Medicaid disqualification?
Michael J. Keenan
Mr. Keenan specializes in elder law, estate planning, special needs trusts and probate law. He has written... | Read More
Mr. Keenan specializes in elder law, estate planning, special needs trusts and probate law. He has written articles for legal journals and periodicals on the topics of special needs trusts, estate planning and the termination of parental rights. He is a frequent speaker at professional organizations on the topics of elder law, estate planning and special needs trusts.Close
Kyla G. Kelim
Aging in Alabama
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social... | Read More
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. She is a nationally recognized speaker on nursing home Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security disability matters. She launched Aging in Alabama to help address the crisis in health care coverage facing seniors and their caregivers.Close