Alternative Investments in ERISA Retirement Plans: Mitigating Liability Risks for Hedge and Private Equity Funds and Pension Plan Fiduciaries
Exercising Due Diligence to Avoid Investment Landmines for Institutional Investors and Fund Managers
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide ERISA and asset management counsel with a review of effective due diligence practices for institutional investors from both a legal and economic perspective. The panel will offer risk mitigation best practices at a time of increased government scrutiny and lawsuits by plan participants.
- ERISA fiduciary duties for institutional investors
- Hedge funds and private equity funds compared to traditional investments
- Regulatory developments
- Fee disclosure
- Developments in private litigation involving pension plan fiduciaries and alternative fund managers
- Best practices for developing due diligence plans
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the regulatory concerns for ERISA pension plans that allocate assets to hedge funds and private equity funds?
- What are the potential consequences for service providers that fail to comply with fee, valuation and service provider due diligence regulatory and industry guidelines?
- What can counsel to pension plans and asset managers learn from recent private fund suits relating to collateral, risk-taking, pricing, insider trading and much more?
Dr. Susan Mangiero
Dr. Mangiero a CFA® charterholder, certified Financial Risk Manager, Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®,... | Read More
Dr. Mangiero a CFA® charterholder, certified Financial Risk Manager, Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®, Certified Fraud Examiner and Professional Plan Consultant™. She has provided testimony and behind-the-scenes forensic analysis, calculation of damages and rebuttal report commentary for various investment governance, investment performance, fiduciary breach, prudence, risk and valuation matters. Dr. Mangiero has over 20 years of experience in capital markets, global treasury, asset-liability management, portfolio management, economic and investment analysis, derivatives, financial risk control and valuation. She is a frequent keynote speaker and has led workshops for numerous organizations.Close
Tiffany N. Santos
Ms. Santos counsels employers and multiemployer trusts on all aspects of their employee benefit plans, including... | Read More
Ms. Santos counsels employers and multiemployer trusts on all aspects of their employee benefit plans, including health and welfare plans, Section 125 cafeteria plans, and qualified retirement plans. She is a frequent speaker on health plan matters, including health care reform, HIPAA, COBRA, and cafeteria plans, and on investment-related matters, including ERISA’s impact on alternative investments.Close