Agile Software Development Agreements: Navigating the Complex Contracting Issues
Evaluating Agile vs. Waterfall Development; Structuring Provisions on Pricing, Project Plan, Warranties and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to corporate and technology counsel for evaluating the benefits and risks of agile software development and structuring key provisions in agile software development agreements. The panel will discuss current trends in the use of agile development methods, legal issues that arise with the arrangements, and strategies to avoid common contracting pitfalls.
- What is agile software development? How is it different from traditional software development methodologies?
- Navigating contractual challenges with agile agreements
- Evaluating agile vs. waterfall software development agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors should technology and business counsel take into account when evaluating whether to use an agile or waterfall software development agreement?
- What key provisions should be included in agile software development agreements to most effectively manage risks?
- What are the most challenging issues with agile software development and what are some effective strategies for addressing them?
Paul H. Arne
Morris Manning & Martin
Mr. Arne is the co-chair of his firm's Technology Transactions Practice and the Privacy and Security Practice.... | Read More
Mr. Arne is the co-chair of his firm's Technology Transactions Practice and the Privacy and Security Practice. He represents technology companies and large end users, with a particular emphasis on complex, outsourcing matters, international transactions, open source software, privacy, university technology transfer, and revenue recognition issues. He is also involved with development, manufacturing, and distribution involving medical devices. He has written numerous technology law articles in legal publications and a frequent speaker on the law affecting technology companies.Close
Anne M. Friedman
Ms. Friedman's practice focues on structuring large scale sourcing and technology transactions, concentrating on... | Read More
Ms. Friedman's practice focues on structuring large scale sourcing and technology transactions, concentrating on global and domestic outsourcings in the areas of information technology, software development and maintenance, and business process outsourcing. Her practice also includes drafting transition services agreements in connection with M&A transactions, software licensing, integration and implementation transactions, hosting agreements, distribution agreements, related corporate transactions, and handling issues relating to data privacy, data security and intellectual property matters.Close