Advising HOA Boards After Surfside: Inspection, Review, Maintenance and Repairs
Balancing Costs, Reserve Funds, and Owner Expectations
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide real estate counsel on best practices when advising homeowner associations (HOAs) related to inspections, reviews, and necessary repairs and maintenance in light of the recent Surfside tragedy. The panel will address how HOAs have to address the risks versus costs of some major repairs, the needs in establishing a reserve fund, how to implement expert advice on damages, and best practices for managing owner expectations on the necessity of repairs and costs.
- Homeowner and condominium owner associations
- Governance documents
- Insurance policies
- Inspection and engineering reports
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What changes to governance documents should condo boards consider to limit liability?
- How can boards prioritize and evaluate issues raised in inspection and engineering reports?
- How can boards balance the needs of repairs and costs to owners?
- What insurance policies and limits should the board consider related to long-term repair needs?
Robert M. Diamond
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with... | Read More
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with special emphasis on preparing documents for condominiums, planned communities and mixed-use projects, negotiating warranty and construction defect claims, representing community associations and litigating association-related issues in state and federal courts.Close
to be announced.