Advanced Medicaid Planning Techniques: Trusts, Private Annuities, Spousal Transfers, Caregiver Agreements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss some of the more common techniques for Medicaid planning, including asset protection and pooled income trusts, private annuities and promissory notes, spousal transfers, and caregiver agreements.
- Asset protection and pooled income trusts
- Private annuities and promissory notes
- Spousal transfers and spousal refusals
- Caregiver agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How should counsel draft a trust that is compliant for Medicaid purposes?
- What types of annuities are considered a resource that must be used to pay for nursing home care?
- What requirements are generally imposed to make a private annuity Medicaid compliant?
- How should caregiver agreements be structured in order to be an acceptable means of facilitating Medicaid eligibility?
Kyla G. Kelim
Aging in Alabama
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social... | Read More
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. She is a nationally recognized speaker on nursing home Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security disability matters. She launched Aging in Alabama to help address the crisis in health care coverage facing seniors and their caregivers.Close
Jeffrey L. Williamson
J. L. Williamson Law Group
Mr. Williamson’s practice specializes in taxation and estate planning. He has particular expertise in estate and... | Read More
Mr. Williamson’s practice specializes in taxation and estate planning. He has particular expertise in estate and gift taxation, income taxation of partnerships, and taxation issues unique to tax-exempt entities. He is also knowledgeable in the federal and state Medicaid rules and is skilled at drafting trusts and other types of sophisticated agreements.Close