Advanced Income and Estate Tax Planning Techniques for Owners of Closely Held Businesses
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide trusts and estates attorneys with an in-depth analysis of advanced income and estate tax planning strategies for owners of closely held businesses under current tax law and in light of proposed tax law changes. The panel will discuss techniques utilizing GRATs, sales to grantor trusts, buy-sell agreements, and ways to avoid tax issues in business succession planning and other vital items.
- Key considerations under current tax law
- Challenges stemming from proposed tax law changes
- Buy-sell agreements
- Transfers of business interests
- FLPs and LLCs
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the challenges and available planning techniques for owners of closely held businesses under current tax law?
- What issues arise in light of proposed tax law changes?
- What are the benefits and critical considerations for drafting buy-sell agreements?
- What planning techniques are available for lifetime transfers of business interests?
- What are the considerations, available methods, and obstacles when utilizing trusts?
- What are the advantages and key issues of using FLPs and LLCs in estate planning?
Cliff A. Capdevielle
Director, Trusts and Estates Tax Services
Mr. Capdevielle helps clients navigate the complex opportunities related to tax planning, business succession planning,... | Read More
Mr. Capdevielle helps clients navigate the complex opportunities related to tax planning, business succession planning, and estate planning, and seeks to maximize tax savings and reach their goals.Close
Benjamin A. Cohen-Kurzrock, JD, CPA
Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian
Mr. Cohen-Kurzrock is a corporate and securities associate in the San Diego office.| Read More
Mr. Cohen-Kurzrock is a corporate and securities associate in the San Diego office.Close