Advanced Health Practitioners: Employment Agreements for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide healthcare counsel with a review of key considerations when drafting employment agreements for advanced practitioners—such as physician assistants, nurse practitioners and the like—to meet the expectations and obligations of the parties and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Drafting advanced practitioner employment contracts and ancillary agreements
- Duties and responsibilities
- Terms and termination
- Licensing issues
- Compensation and benefits
- Incentive pitfalls to avoid
- Restrictive covenants
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Drafting legal recruitment agreements
- Interplay between recruitment agreements and employment agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the regulatory challenges facing healthcare providers and medical practices when employing advanced practitioners?
- How can restrictive covenants in employment agreements be structured to avoid being struck down as overly broad and unenforceable?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during contract negotiations and what are some effective approaches for resolving them?
Philip M. Bluestein
Bluestein Law Firm
Since 2000, Mr. Bluestein has focused his practice on providing legal advice and experienced representation to... | Read More
Since 2000, Mr. Bluestein has focused his practice on providing legal advice and experienced representation to physicians, dentists, chiropractors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals and practices. He assists clients in the formation of healthcare practices and partnerships, reviews employment and business contracts, advises on compliance with complex federal and state laws, such as HIPAA and Stark, and assists in regards to buy-ins, mergers and break-ups.Close
H. Bernard Tisdale
Office Managing Shareholder
Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart
Mr. Tisdale has wide experience in general civil and employment litigation. This experience ranges from advising... | Read More
Mr. Tisdale has wide experience in general civil and employment litigation. This experience ranges from advising clients on preventive measures to avoid formal charges and lawsuits, and representing clients before the U.S. Court of Appeals, to handling individual employment discrimination cases before the EEOC and the federal courts as well as handling wrongful discharge and other employment-related litigation in state and federal courts. He regularly assists clients with contract disputes and non-compete and trade secrets advice and litigation.Close