Advanced Deposition Techniques: Leveraging Exhaustion, Boxing-In, and Summarization Approaches With Adverse Witnesses
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide litigators with advanced techniques for conducting top-notch depositions in commercial litigation. The panel will discuss specific strategies for getting the most out of depositions, including exhaustion, boxing-in and summarization techniques for ordinary, hostile or evasive witnesses.
- Structuring depositions for difficult and evasive witnesses
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What do litigators need to know to improve their exhaustion techniques?
- How should these deposition best practices be applied when structuring a deposition for an evasive witness?
- How will these approaches improve counsel’s ability to impeach an opposing witness?
- What techniques can litigators use to gather the information needed to affect the outcome of a case in their client’s favor?
Michael R. Gordon
Manatt Phelps & Phillips LLP
Mr. Gordon focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has substantial experience trying cases in state and federal... | Read More
Mr. Gordon focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has substantial experience trying cases in state and federal courts and handling domestic and international arbitrations. He also represents clients in proceedings outside ordinary litigation forums, including the New York State Banking Department and the U.S. Office of Comptroller of the Currency. He has experience conducting internal investigations and working with forensic accountants, investigators and other consultants and experts.Close
John A. Snow, Esq.
Prince Yeates & Geldzahler
Mr. Snow's practice focuses on general civil litigation. He is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" in... | Read More
Mr. Snow's practice focuses on general civil litigation. He is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" in the areas of commercial litigation, construction law, and legal malpractice law, is recognized in "Mountain States Super Lawyers" in the area of business litigation and named one of Utah's legal elite in the areas of business and civil litigation and construction law by "Utah Business Magazine."Close