ACO Alternatives: Payment Bundling, Community-Based Care and More
Legal Challenges in Evaluating and Implementing Alternative Value-Based Models
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel for healthcare providers considering alternatives to ACOs. The panel will analyze the alternatives, explain the anticipated structures and their requirements, and offer best practices for evaluation and implementation of the alternatives.
- Significant alternatives to ACOs in PPACA
- National pilot program on payment bundling
- Independence In Home demonstration program
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction program
- Community-Based Care Transitions program
- Anticipated structure and requirements of alternatives
- Best practices for evaluation and implementation of ACO alternatives
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What key factors must counsel consider when advising healthcare providers on which alternative model to use?
- What are the advantages of alternative models over the ACO model?
- What strategies should counsel consider in evaluation and implementation of an alternative model?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Robert L. Roth
Hooper Lundy & Bookman
Mr. Roth advises clients on matters arising under Medicare and Medicaid, focusing on payment, compliance, and... | Read More
Mr. Roth advises clients on matters arising under Medicare and Medicaid, focusing on payment, compliance, and licensing issues. He handles matters such as reimbursement, overpayment refunds/disclosure, and coordination of benefits. He previously served in the Office of the General Counsel of the Department of Health and Human Services, assigned to the predecessor agency to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.Close
Lloyd A. Bookman
Hooper Lundy & Bookman
He represents healthcare providers in reimbursement, regulatory and transactional matters. He is an expert on Medicare... | Read More
He represents healthcare providers in reimbursement, regulatory and transactional matters. He is an expert on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. He advises clients in transactional matters, including sales and acquisitions, affiliations, network and integrated delivery system formation, joint ventures and other syndications, accountable care organization development and physician contracting.Close
Robert A. Minkin
Senior Vice President
The Camden Group
He has over 30 years of experience serving in senior leadership roles in hospitals, including president and chief... | Read More
He has over 30 years of experience serving in senior leadership roles in hospitals, including president and chief operating officer. He is one of the nation’s leading experts on bundled payments.Close