340B Contract Pharmacy Arrangements: What Does the Future Hold?
Structuring Arrangements, Meeting Legal and Regulatory Requirements
This program has been rescheduled, new date is 12/21/17
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to healthcare counsel on contract pharmacy arrangements and the key legal and regulatory considerations for structuring and documenting the arrangements in an uncertain regulatory environment.
- Recent 340B developments: What is the going forward impact on 340B contract pharmacy arrangements?
- Structuring and implementing contract pharmacy arrangements
- Need for services
- Due diligence
- Fee structures
- 340B entity compliance issues
- Contractor associated liability
- Covered entity requirements
- Enforcement and sanctions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What compliance challenges must be overcome when structuring a contract pharmacy arrangement?
- With the new administration and the withdrawal of the proposed mega guidance, what does the future compliance landscape for contract pharmacy arrangements look like?
- What operational and contractual considerations should counsel keep in mind when structuring and implementing these arrangements?
Travis F. Jackson
King & Spalding
Mr. Jackson counsels health systems and hospitals in a wide array of areas, including pursuing mergers and... | Read More
Mr. Jackson counsels health systems and hospitals in a wide array of areas, including pursuing mergers and acquisitions, structuring joint venture relationships with physicians, hospitals or other providers, developing and implementing physician integration strategies, and identifying opportunities for academic medical centers and health systems to increase their brand recognition through program affiliations with community hospitals. He counsels health care providers on emerging regulatory issues, such as the 340B Program and defends clients in HRSA and manufacturer investigations related to 340B drug purchasing and billing practices. He also brings a wealth of experience concerning the tax and governance needs of hospitals and other nonprofit organizations.Close
Claire F. Miley
Bass Berry & Sims
As a senior healthcare regulatory and transactional attorney, Ms. Miley focuses on complex healthcare... | Read More
As a senior healthcare regulatory and transactional attorney, Ms. Miley focuses on complex healthcare regulatory issues that involve significant government reimbursement dollars for healthcare providers. She counsels clients in structuring a variety of transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, co-management arrangements and new healthcare delivery models prompted by health reform. Her practice involves a wide array of matters, including fraud and abuse analyses, reimbursement analyses, provider-based issues, 340B issues, Medicare enrollment issues, physician self-referral issues, electronic health records (EHR) and meaningful use, clinically integrated networks, physician group practice and compensation issues, hospital/physician contracting, specialty provider contracting, managed care contracting, medical staff bylaws and medical staff credentialing, operational issues, and licensure, certification and accreditation of healthcare facilities.Close