2022 Medicaid Planning and Rules Update: New State Legislation, Restrictions, Annuities, SPIAs, Transfers, Valuations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder law attorneys an in-depth analysis of recent state legislation impacting Medicaid planning, assets, transfers, and common challenges, and methods to overcome them. The panelist will discuss strategies for navigating annuity rules for married couples and single individuals, asset limits, look-back periods, purchase of exempt assets, valuations in Medicaid asset planning, and more.
- Medicaid eligibility criteria
- Valuation in Medicaid asset planning
- Transfers and penalties
- Asset conversions
- Annuity rules
- Medicaid trusts and taxes
- Recent cases and state legislation
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What are the Medicaid eligibility requirements?
- What are the asset limits, level of care, and look-back periods?
- How do transfers, gifts of assets, and purchase of exempt assets factor into Medicaid planning?
- How can you convert assets into noncountable assets?
- Valuations in Medicaid asset planning
- What are the challenges under the annuity rules for married couples and single individuals?
- What are the key issues and ramifications of recent cases and state legislation?
- What are the critical considerations for Medicaid trusts and tax implications?
Cona Elder Law
Ms. Negrin-Wiener manages the Government Benefits Department, concentrating her practice in the areas of asset... | Read More
Ms. Negrin-Wiener manages the Government Benefits Department, concentrating her practice in the areas of asset protection, Medicaid eligibility planning, estate planning, special needs planning, mediation, guardianships and Veteran benefits. She supervises the preparation of Medicaid Applications for nursing home care, home health care and community benefits, resolves complex Medicaid issues and represents families facing a reduction in Medicaid home care hours and services.Close