Impact of Inflation Reduction Act on Commercial Real Estate: Tax Credits and Other Incentives
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze the features of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) that have the most relevance for the commercial real estate industry. The panel will discuss changes to the production tax credit (PTC) and the investment tax credit (ITC), and how the real estate industry should be thinking about these incentives. In addition, the presentation will cover revisions to the 179D Deduction and 45L Credit which encourage energy-efficient building improvements and homes, the revived credits available for electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, and more.
- Overview of climate change-related provisions in the IRA
- ITC and PTC
- Bonus tax credits
- Wage and apprenticeship requirements
- Transferability and direct-pay
- Tax credit for EV charging stations
- Location requirements
- 179D Deduction for energy-efficient improvements
- 45L Credit for energy-efficient homes
- Increased manufacturing and impact on real estate
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- What are the "bonus" credits that the IRA makes available, and how can real estate investors benefit?
- What incentives does the IRA provide property owners to develop EV charging stations?
- How was Section 179D revised under the IRA, and what kinds of improvements are eligible for immediate deduction?
- How do the new credit transferability provisions work?
Ms. Millett has been practicing for over 16 years, and is highly knowledgeable in advising on the U.S. tax issues that... | Read More
Ms. Millett has been practicing for over 16 years, and is highly knowledgeable in advising on the U.S. tax issues that arise in complex real estate transactions, notably real estate private equity investments, Qualified Opportunity Fund structures, and cross-border investments.Close
Mr. Savage has experience representing lenders, private equity firms, developers, and REITs in the financing,... | Read More
Mr. Savage has experience representing lenders, private equity firms, developers, and REITs in the financing, acquisition, development, leasing, reorganization, and disposition of a wide range of asset classes across the U.S. and internationally. His work highlights include representing an international private equity firm in a multi-billion dollar programmatic sale-leaseback portfolio for U.S.-based retail and industrial assets. Mr. Savage’s financing work has included both lender and borrower-side representation in construction, permanent, and mezzanine loans.Close