Shared Workspace Leases in Wake of COVID-19: Risk Mitigation, Insurance, Negotiating Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will address the distinct legal problems facing commercial landlords and tenants of co-working or shared office space in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our panel will look at ways to mitigate liability and how to best negotiate provisions between parties in the new normal.
- Shared workspace and COVID-19
- Risk mitigation factors
- Insurance coverage
- Key provisions in agreements
- Interests of the parties
- Interplay between agreements
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What are best practices to mitigate the risk of harm in shared workspaces for employees and clients?
- What insurance policies will protect owners and licensees from potential claims arising from shared workspace exposure?
- How can parties terminate ongoing agreements during a pandemic? What are the liability risks?
- Under what circumstances may a license in a shared workspace be revoked?
John G. Kelly
Bean Kinney & Korman
Mr. Kelly focuses his practice on general corporate law and real property law, including commercial real estate... | Read More
Mr. Kelly focuses his practice on general corporate law and real property law, including commercial real estate leasing, financing and acquisitions, and business M&As. With respect to leasing, Mr. Kelly represents both landlords and tenants nationwide in substantial office, retail, industrial and government leasing transactions. His lending experience includes representing both lenders and borrowers in complex financial transactions secured by real or personal property.Close
Jennifer O. Schiffer
Bean Kinney & Korman
Ms. Schiffer is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. She represents various businesses and their owners in... | Read More
Ms. Schiffer is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. She represents various businesses and their owners in matters relating to business counseling and entity formation, purchase and sale of company stock or assets, business contracts, shareholder or membership agreements, commercial real estate and leasing transactions. Ms. Schiffer is also well-versed in business succession planning, estate planning and estate administration.Close