Healthcare, Blockchain and Smart Contracts: Emerging Issues for Healthcare Counsel
Leveraging Distributed Ledger Technology in Healthcare, Protecting Privacy and Security
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will familiarize healthcare counsel with the technology and current and potential uses of blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) in the healthcare industry. The panel will also discuss potential legal and regulatory hurdles for companies moving transactions and information onto a distributed ledger, including a blockchain.
- Blockchain and DLT
- Healthcare applications
- Patient records
- Exchanges of data
- Use of smart contracts
- Pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Legal concerns and challenges for healthcare counsel
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is distributed ledger, and how does it change documentation of healthcare transactions and information?
- What are some of the current and proposed uses of blockchain in the healthcare industry?
- What are the advantages of DLT and blockchain to address administrative aspects of patient care, payment matters, and issues related to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies?
Jeffery T. Gorham, Esq.
Frost Brown Todd
Mr. Gorham’s primary practice area includes representing insurers (primarily health insurers) in regulatory... | Read More
Mr. Gorham’s primary practice area includes representing insurers (primarily health insurers) in regulatory compliance matters and market conduct actions. His secondary focus includes blockchain and distributed ledgers, where he assists blockchain and cryptocurrency start-ups in regulatory compliance matters, initial token offerings, and serving as outside general counsel.Close
Ryan S. Johnson
Fredrikson & Byron
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions, financings, equity offerings, joint ventures, strategic alliances, technology development and IP licensing arrangements. He also advises clients on a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters, including FDA rules, state and federal privacy and security laws, fraud and abuse prohibitions.Close