Wage and Hour Insurance Coverage: Mitigating Risk With EPL, D&O, and Emerging Specialty Wage and Hour Insurance Policies
Evaluating Insurance Options, Negotiating Coverage and Exclusions, Strategically Arguing for Coverage of Claims
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide employment counsel with a review of the latest developments in insurance coverage for wage and hour claims. The panel will provide a practical briefing on coverage via employment practices liability (EPL), directors and officers (D&O), and specialty wage and hour insurance policies. The panel will also provide their perspectives for employers negotiating coverage and exclusions and arguing for coverage of wage and hour claims.
- Trends in wage and hour exposures
- Overview of insurance coverage for wage and hour claims
- Current trends in EPL and D&O insurance coverage
- Emerging specialty wage and hour insurance—benefits and challenges
- Strategically arguing for coverage of wage and hour claims under EPL and D&O policies
- Negotiating wage and hour coverage and exclusions under EPL, D&O and specialty wage and hour insurance policies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can employment counsel strategically argue for coverage of wage and hour claims under an employer’s EPL and D&O policies?
- How can counsel leverage the benefits and mitigate pitfalls associated with specialty wage and hour insurance?
- What are best practices for negotiating wage and hour insurance coverage and exclusions under EPL, D&O and specialty insurance policies?
Kelly B. Thoerig
U.S. Employment Practices Liability Coverage Leader
Ms. Thoerig is primarily responsible for manuscripting EPL policies, leading policy and insurer new product reviews,... | Read More
Ms. Thoerig is primarily responsible for manuscripting EPL policies, leading policy and insurer new product reviews, and drafting endorsements. In addition, she is a claims advocate for Marsh’s FINPRO practice, specializing in complex coverage and claims issues concerning EPL, D&O, professional liability, cyber, and fiduciary liability insurance. In both roles, Ms. Thoerig frequently presents at industry seminars on various insurance coverage topics.Close
Britton D. Weimer
Jones Satre & Weimer
Mr. Weimer co-chairs the firm’s Insurance Practice Group and the Employment Practice Group. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Weimer co-chairs the firm’s Insurance Practice Group and the Employment Practice Group. His practice encompasses a wide range of insurance coverage, insurance defense, and commercial litigation, including EPL, CGL, D&O, insurance and real estate E&O, among other practice areas. Mr. Weimer is a nationally-recognized authority in insurance law and has written and co-authored several authoritative books and treatises.Close